Monday, 17 October 2011

Hana Kimi - For You In Full Blossom - 花ざかりの君たちへ

It's been a year since I first started to watch asian dramas - especially japanese and korean dramas. The one I started with was Hanazakari no Kimitachi and I think this drama was the reason I got so fascinated and captivated by asian dramas =)

Plot:

Hana Kimi tells the story of Ashiya Mizuki (Horikita Maki), a japanese girl that lived in California, USA and now returns to Japan to meet the person of her admiration, Sano Izumi (Oguri Shun). The quiet star of Osaka Gakuen - a boy's school -  has quit high jumping after he got badly injured while having been on a training camp. Mizuki decides to disguise herself as a boy to be able to enter the boy's school.

Having tricked (almost) everyone that she's a girl, she gets to share a  room with her secret crush Sano Izumi. The principal does not know about Mizuki's real identity and neither does the clumsy vice principal, whereas the (gay) school doctor Umeda Hokuto (Kamikawa Takaya) finds out the truth quickly. Unlike you would possibly assume, he doesn't tell anyone about her gender but helps her with her mission to to make Sano jump again.
While trying to not be discovered as a girl she makes friends with the cool and funny Nakatsu Shuichi (Ikuta Toma), who was Sano's best friend before the accident Mizuki has also been involved with. As they all get closer - while trying to fulfill Mizuki's mission - a love triangle begins to develop between the three main characters. Nakatsu starts to like Mizuki without knowing that she's actually a girl and he's not gay. Sano finds out that Mizuki's a girl pretty early but still doesn't open up nor does he tell anyone and furthermore starts to fall for her. With her simplicity Mizuki pushes Sano back on the track field to train his injured ankle and train high jump again. Ashiya Mizuki has to go through the ups and downs of life, love and friendship as every teenager does and finally succeeds. 
As most of the dramas have a happy ending it's nothing different with this drama =)

Main Characters:

Ashiya Mizuki
Ashiya is a pure spirit that lives life with a great simplicity up until the point she falls in love (of course). She is no typical American girl although she has lived there for years. When she returns to Japan she disguises herself as a boy to enter Osaka Gakuen. Mizuki always admired Sano Izumi, the former high jump star of Osaka Gakuen. Because of the fact that Mizuki has been the reason why Sano got injured on his trainig camp she sees it as her mission to make him jump again. 

Sano Izumi
The former high jump star seems introverted and shy and doesn't open up to anybody anymore after he got injured. He won't even talk to his former best friend Nakatsu Shuichi who always supported Sano. He doesn't like the fact that Ashiya Mizuki is sharing a room with him at first but as the story develops he starts to fall for her. He is one of the first one's to find out that Ashiya is a girl but he doesn't reveal this fact to anybody, even Mizuki doesn't know that Sano already found out her true identity. 

Nakatsu Shuichi
The cool and funny (football and women loving) guy is in a good mood most of the time. He is very kind and tries to deny the fact that he has fallen head over heels for Mizuki because he doesn't want to be gay (although he isn't but he doesn't know that). Nakatsu helps Mizuki with fulfilling her mission because he also wants Sano to be happy again. 

Personal Rating:

It was the first asian drama in my whole life but if it hasn't been this one I'm not sure if I had continued watching asian dramas. It was such a funny and lovely drama. I really liked the main actors too, Ikuta Toma and Horikita Maki convinced me that much of their acting talent that I'm especially looking for dramas starring one of them =) I can only recommend this drama, although it's really foolish sometimes but as you continue to watch this drama you get used to it =)

Have fun watching =)

4 comments:

Eriinnye said...

Huhu ^^ Schade, dass du nur auf Englisch schreibst, aber ich kanns ja verstehen xD

Hana Kimi war übrigens auch mein erstes Drama und es war anfangs total komisch, vor allem wenn man an Maki denkt, die offensichtlich ein Mädchen ist ;)

Katie. said...

ja, damit trainiere ich mein english =) thx for following me, btw =)

KPopAddict said...

I guess I could say that with this dorama my story of success for making you addicted to K-Dramas and J-Dramas started <3
WOOT WOOT FOR HANA KIMI THAT HELPED ME SUCCEED <3 :)
I loved the dorama, mostly because it made me laugh so much that sometimes I almost pissed my pants LOOOOL (joking :D)

Katie. said...

OMG, I still remember the day you told me the story of Hana Kimi at school! and I can still imagine what I thought about it and how I imagined the characters (for example that Sano Izumi was really handsome...). true, you succeded and I can tell you that my japanese drama list is way longer than the korean one! =)

Post a Comment