Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Code Blue - コード・ブルー

Code Blue is not what you may expect from a drama but nevertheless it has a great storyline and great actors. It's a quite interesting series and if you like watching medical series this is just the right drama for you =)

Plot:

Aizawa Kosaku (Yamashita Tomohisa) has just entered the University Hospital's Helicopter Training and proving right away that he's not only intelligent but also skilled as an emergency doctor. With him, three other students have started training and every single one of them is eager to experience the helicopter emergency flight. Shiraishi Megumi (Aragaki Yui) , Hiyama Mihoko (Toda Erika) and Fujikawa Kazuo (Asari Yosuke) are also working until the bitter end just to rise in the "ranking" of the flight doctor of many years' standing Kuroda Shuji (Yanagiba Toshiro). Fujikawa isn't doing the best job and therefore not really suitable for emergency flights in Kuroda's eyes, whereas Aizawa is showing off his skills and as a result of his hard work he's flying pretty often. Several times the flight doctors are called to serious emergency situations and are always working to their personal limits. Somehow they grow together and start working as a team, nevertheless the competition isn't over and personal issues which mess up the schedule sometimes occur too... 

Main Character:

Aizawa Kosaku
Yamashita Tomohisa
The "heli doctor" trainee has just graduated from university, is, however, convinced of the fact that he's the best newcomer at the hospital. His arrogance and selfishness are not leaving the best impression on the other trainees. Especially Shiraishi Megumi tries to create a friendship-like-atmosphere but Aizawa does not like team work that much. Nonetheless he knows how to work together in emergency situations which makes the bonds between the newcomers grow stronger without them even noticing. Although Aizawa tries to hide his soft side, the co-workers make him show it without him detecting it. All in all he's not really mean but a loner and even can be a real good team player.


Personal Rating:

I really liked the new plot of this drama (or at least new to me because I don't watch E.R. or Grey's Anatomy ect.) because for the last months I've just watched too many "girl-disguised-as-a-boy"-stories. As I personally like Yamashita Tomohisa as an actor I just started watching and thought that if I didn't like it I could stop watching. In fact all the actors caught my attention, especially Toda Erika and Aragaki Yui. I haven't watched Season 2 yet but I think I have to make up for this because it's got amazing reviews!

Have fun watching =)

4 comments:

Ada said...

I've watched this drama before :P It's actually really good, but Yamapi has a reputation for falling short when it comes to his expressions.

I came to your blog through Akai no Kuchibiru, and I've followed you since we seem to share a lot of common interests (Jpop/Kpop, Jdramas/Kdramas).

Care to follow back?

http://ada-nikki.blogspot.com

Katie. said...

thank you for following =)
and thanks for introducing me to your blog!

well, somehow I have to admit, that Yamapi's expressions are not that 'strong'... but still, I think he's a great actor =)

Anonymous said...

Hi!I really love most medical dramas.I've watched code blue & I have to admit that this drama has very good plot,especially in season 2.It is getting more heart-wrenching in every episode.Yeah,absolutely one of the reason that I've watched this bcoz of Yamapi.

Katie. said...

Okay, I think I will have to watch Season 2 then =) Thank you for the recommendation!

Post a Comment